Friday, May 11, 2007

Whirlwind...

So, I had my first ever book launch! It was at Kultura Restaurant in Toronto and it was so much fun. I feel a little weird saying that, it's like telling people you threw a great party. It's sort of rude. But the truth is, I didn't really have anything to do with the party - it was so fun thanks to my amazing publisher, Key Porter, my publicist Candice Best, and all the amazingly talented experts who contributed and donated product to the event. If you were there, THANK YOU so much for coming! I was overwhelmed with the turnout and everyone said such nice things to me and so many people bought the book and asked me to sign it, which was so flattering. We had 150 gift bags, but we ran out! I'm so sorry to anyone who didn't get a gift bag, but I hope at least you had a cupcake....



of COURSE there were cupcakes, thanks to Susy at Flour Girls. They were so pretty, that they were GONE within half an hour! But there were also The Body Shop Born Lippy lip balms in coordinating colours, that smelled just as amazing as the cupcakes!




And Susy wasn't the only "expert" who contributed to the party. The theme of the party was to Get Unstuck so there all these amazing "stations" that you could stop at with your gift bag to get expert tips and load up on fabulous items! The first stop was Polish Beauty Bar, where Danielle was giving hand massages using Cake Beauty products (including the amazing Milk Made Velveteen Hand Creme, which I am OBSESSED with!). At this station, you got to pick up a Cake Beauty nail file, a John Frieda Colour Glaze, and an OPI nail polish...




Next stop was for fitness tips, courtesy of celebrity personal trainer from L.A., Jennifer Cohen. She's a spokesmodel for La Senza Spirit, which is this amazing new store that just opened that carries yoga wear. Everyone got a La Senza water bottle and coupon book to spend at La Senza Spirit, as well as Dermaglow eye cream, lip plumper and face creams, Freeze 24/7 face cream, Kinerase eye cream and face cream (a favourite of Courteney Cox) and Goody flowers!

At the next station, Hélène Clarkson from Neat Storage Essentials in Yorkville gave super organizing tips for your closet and gave everyone a free Shoebby!



This is a Shoebby. It's a clear plastic storage box to put your shoes inside so that they're organized, yet you can see them all! So cute!

There were also his n' hers Hugo Boss fragrance samples, courtesy of PK Communcations.

Then, it was off for correspondence etiquette tips, thanks to Nina Jones of Jonesy , this amazing online stationery store that has the most adorable cards, perfect for sending to your girlfriends!

We also had a raffle for a beautiful Swarovski crystal bracelet from 3 Wishes Jewellery, a metallic pink yoga bag from Yoli Poli...



and a one-of-a-kind Coach handbag.

I can't thank everyone enough for putting on this party, and for coming! Thank you!!

PS: My publicist is drawing the names (so that I won't be biased!) and I'll post the winner here, soon, so stay tuned!

No comments: