Friday, February 29, 2008

Special Leap Year Day Special Blog Special

Ahhh! Everyone's saying you should do something special today because it's Leap Year Day and it only comes once every four years and it's special and omg it's too much stress and the day's already half over. What to do?

Breathe.

Okay so here are my five special things for the day!

1. I'm wearing a brand-new top with puff sleeves today. I ADORE puff sleeves. If I could wear puff sleeves every day I would. But I am not rich enough to afford only tops with puff sleeves, and besides then it wouldn't be special today. And I'm glad it is.

2. I've often read on other authors' blogs that because they're authors they get advanced reader copies of other authors' books, which seems to me to be the most amazing gift you could ever get in the mail. Given that I've only written one book, I never dreamed this would happen to me. And then it DID. This morning I received a huge box filled with more than a DOZEN pink, blue, green, yellow and also other more serious-colour covered books. I was in sugar-shock. And then I saw it. The book I have been looking forward to reading. In May. When it hit bookstores. Emily Giffin's Love the One You're With. It was in my hands. But I am saving it for...

3. Mexico! I am leaving in exactly one month from today for Cozumel for vacation. The countdown is on. Which means from now on I will be wearing flip-flops around the house and drinking fruity cocktails with umbrellas in them. I'm SURE my next book is going to be of extremely excellent quality as a result.

4. My dad's birthday is approaching and it's a decade-number and he is NOT excited about this. But we want to celebrate! So instead, we're having an anti-birthday celebration of the super-fabulous, kind, caring, generous, loving man that is a dad and husband. I think we shouldn't just wait for one day a year to celebrate this in the people we love. Besides, the more you celebrate the special people, the more reason you have to eat cupcakes with icing and sprinkles. Speaking of which...

5. Meg Cabot just released the first in a new series of books for kids called Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls and to coincide with the launch, she has a super cute website, including THIS CUPCAKE E-CARD MAKER!! Choose your icing, choose your sprinkles, then send to a friend! What's more special than that on Special Leap Year Day?!

Enjoy the day - however you make it special!

No comments: