Friday, May 16, 2008

Breaking news! NKOTB!


So this morning NKOTB were on the Today Show - did you watch it? So good. At first, I wasn't that impressed with the boys' dance moves. They were really tentative and I get that they might not have danced in 15 years but when you decide to reunite you get a team of chefs and personal trainers and stylists and all that so that you can look hot so surely, wouldn't you also get an army of choreographers, who would ramp up your dance moves? I have no idea. I have never been famous nor made a comeback, but I'm just guessing. So why the slowpoke shuffle? I was thinking. And then I realized that it was pouring rain and the stage was more like a Slip n' Slide, so I cut them some slack. You know, because my opinion matters. 


What I couldn't get over though was when Jordan came out with his sunglasses on. I was like OH-NO-he-does-NOT-have-a-drug-problem-and-his-eyes-are-bloodshot-and-so-he-is-forced-to-wear-sunglasses-at-8:30-a.m.-how-lame-is-that-why-did-I-ever-like-him-best?

But then, he took the glasses off halfway through the first medley and the whites of his eyes were white and I breathed a sigh of relief. I mean, it's not like I couldn't understand if he WAS a bit down in the dumps the past 15 years ... since he hasn't really done that much, but now would be NO time to continue the drug addiction! They're going on tour! People waited outside for hours to see them even though it was raining, and two BFFS drove all the way from Toronto and waited in line for THREE days. They were super cute and so the Today Show gave them free tickets to the Toronto show. Personally, I'd rather have gotten the chance to touch them, but maybe that's a little creepy on the block.




Happy Long Weekend!!

No comments: