Thursday, February 15, 2007

Book #3: Eat, Pray, Love



Well I gave myself a deadline of finishing this book last Friday, when I was seeing the friend who lent it to me. But I didn't finish it. Then, I told myself I'd finish it by Tuesday when I was seeing her again. And I didn't, which is just so ridiculous. Whatever. Thankfully, she said to me, "Stuck on India?" Which I was. I mean, meditating takes a lot of patience, but try READING about someone trying to meditate for 36 chapters. Okay that's not true - it was totally engaging, it's just that I was trying to read that section on the treadmill while A Different World was on the TV. Now I'm definitely not saying that Whitley and Dwayne are more interesting than spending four months in an Ashram in India, but well, I'm easily distracted. Anyway, I made it through and I'm so glad I didn't put it down. The book is a memoir (I love a true story!) of a woman (the writer, Elizabeth Gilbert) who, after getting divorced, decides to spend some "I" time, by travelling for one year, stopping for four months each in Italy (where she eats), India (where she prays) and Indonesia (where she falls in love), and what could be more romantic than reading a true story about falling in love on Valentine's Day. And what could be more exciting than finishing Book #3 this year?

No comments: