Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sidewalks are super!

Today, I was driving, and I came to a sudden stop. Why? Because there was a lady walking with a little boy, who had to be about 3, in the middle of the street. Now, this would be okay if it was a side street in a subdivision in the suburbs of a small town. But it wasn't. It was on a normal street in downtown Toronto. And there were TWO very usable sidewalks that they could've been walking on. So for a few minutes, I trailed the lady and her son, hoping that the sound of a car engine behind her would give her the hint to get out of the way, but it didn't, and I couldn't go around because it was a one-way street and there were cars parked along the side of the round.

Finally, there was a break in parked cars and because the lady would not move, even though she turned around twice to look at me, in my evil car driving on the road, I could finally get around her.

I was so excited to finally be past her, like I'd ACCOMPLISHED something I almost sped up, in my glee to finally be going faster than 5 km an hour. But I didn't. And it's a good thing, because not even a minute later, on the other side of the intersection, there was an 80 year old man, walking toward me IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!!!

I slowed right down and watched him, walking straight toward me, totally obvlivious to the sidewalks on either side of the street, and TOTALLY oblivious to my car. And then, I realized it.

My car has SUPER POWERS!!! It's invisible! The only thing is, this can be more dangerous than useful. And also I think that the superpower Gods must have misunderstood that I wanted to my superpower to be invisibility, not my car to be invisible.

I've put in a call to see about getting the superpower transferred over to my name, but you can't be too picky when they're handing out superpowers. So in the meantime, I thought I'd just show the people in my neighbourhood how fun the sidewalks CAN be, if you just try them!

This peacock loves the sidewalk...



This dog loves the sidewalk too...

"It's so comfortable! No cars driving over me when I'm lying here!"

Even this squirrel thinks the sidewalk is pretty cool...


"Look at all this grass! They don't have grass on the street!"


But you know who loves sidewalks the most? Groups, because it's more fun to walk on the sidewalk when EVERYONE walks on the sidewalk! Take it from the geese...



Walking on the sidewalk rocks!

1 comment:

教育 said...

Nice
Welcome to:
http://ilove0088.blogspot.com/
http://blog.sina.com.cn/ilove0088