Monday, July 23, 2007

If you can't beat 'em...

I was in a golf tournament qualifier yesterday. Basically, it's like a tournament, but you're just qualifying for the real tournament. Which means you can't talk (even when you see a raccoon or gopher that's totally stalking you) and you have to follow ALL the rules (like NOT picking up your ball when it's being a bad-ass and not going in the hole even when you're like 2 inches away from it) or skipping a hole you don't like because it's too hard.

Also, you need to have a good score. Which I did not, due to my ball TOTALLY not wanting to go in the hole when it was supposed to. Unfortunately, this really sucked because the prizes were SO good. There was a blue golf club I totally wanted...



And this visor, which went perfectly with my outfit...



And this ball retriever, which I totally didn't want, because I hate looking for my ball. If it goes in the water, that was where it was meant to go. It doesn't deserve to be retrieved.




*By the way, you're NOT supposed to use your ball retriever like this. I mean, how LAZY is this guy that he can't get out of the cart and pick up his ball? But more importantly, why is he picking up the ball? He's supposed to hit it. With a club.


ANYWAY, I did not win any of these prizes. Because I SUCKED.


I did, however, win this!



A sleeve of pink Maxfli Noodle balls. Know why? Because I had the cutest outfit.

I think we all know what the lesson of the day was: "If you can't beat 'em, just make sure your outfit is cute."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's too cute! I love it.