Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Born in the USA!

Mara is officially "Stuck in Downward Dog" in the US now! You can now buy the book at Target or Amazon.

If you've already bought the book, thank you so much! If you liked it, feel free to spread the word or leave a review here or here. Thanks to all the readers who have sent me emails or mail, like the yoga instructor in Winnipeg, who left me the sweetest voice mail last week telling me she loved the book. I was so flattered.

Thanks also to Laura Bowers, author of the super fun YA book Beauty Shop for Rent, who invited me into the beauty shop for a Shop Talk Tuesday session. PS Laura invites a different author every Tuesday, so you should check it out.

In other news, congratulations to Stella Lestiardi, winner of the bottle of the John Frieda Color Glaze from last week's Freebie Friday. I liked Stella's story:

Yesterday I was babysitting my neice (who's 4) and I asked her how old she was to see if she knew. She said "Four." Then she said to me "How old are you?" and I said "How old do you think I am?" (I'm 24) and she said "52?" I was like, "WHAAAAAAAAT?" And she said "You have grey hair. More than my mom." My sister's 35, but she also dyes her hair and I don't! But of course my neice couldn't understand that. Please, help me. If she thinks I'm 52, maybe that's why I can't get a boyfriend!

I also loved this email from Rory Brickells:

When I was just 15, I found my first grey hair. I was mortified, and plucked it out. But the hairs kept coming Fast and Furious (ps Paul Walker is totally my celebrity boyfriend). Then this guy in my class asked me to go to see a movie with him, I can't even remember what but I totally didn't want to see it but I really (I thought) liked him. Then after the movie he was playing with my hair and he saw a grey hair and he was totally disgusted and that was that. He told everyone I had grey hair and he never talked to me again. Now, I think that's so lame, and I don't really care about the grey hair that I have (I have a lot more now). I thought about colouring it, but I don't really mind them. Still, it would be cool to try a new product.

But I could only award one bottle. If I had more, I'd give one to everyone who wrote to me. Grey hair beauties unite!
Finally, this Friday, I'll be featuring a Q&A with Vanessa Craft, author of the newly released Out of Character, and as part of Freebie Friday, you could win a personalized copy! See you then!

No comments: