Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A little note about notes...


Today I was editing a story by one of my favourite freelance writers about ways to destress by making little changes to your workday and workspace, when I got to #8 on the list, which I just love:

File your happy thoughts
What do you do with all those nice thank-you notes, accolades and laugh-out-loud emails from clients, friends and colleagues? Don’t recycle or delete them – start a happy file. Add a new folder to your inbox and a brightly coloured folder beside your desk. The next time you’re feeling down, peek into your collection of motivating messages to give your spirits a lift.


Isn't this the cutest idea, ever?

4 comments:

Grace W. said...

That is truly the cutest. I love it a lot. When nobody is there to lift your spirits up, having a pretty folder with nice thoughts is wonderful.

Teena in Toronto said...

I've read about this before and thought it was a great idea!

Bonnie Staring said...

Oh Chantel, you know I'm going to print this post out and put it in my happy file!

Laural Dawn said...

LOVE it! I never thought about it. Though, at my office we're big on classifying all of our file folders (they have abbreviations and retention dates). When I had a file called "vacation - personal" they were thrown on how to label it.
This would put them over the deep end. Especially if I make it a pink folder!!!!